Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CV Boot on 1999 Grand Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveandtracy7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: CV Boot on 1999 Grand Cherokee Reply with quote

I have a torn front outer cv boot on my 1999 Grand Cherokee. I was wondering if someone could tell me how difficult it is to change this. I have average knowledge of repair work, but have never changed a cv boot or axle. If someone could help me and give me advice on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first.. chock wheels... Jack it up .. Take off tire..

Remove brakes pull off rotor cap..
Take off the 3 13mm 12point screws on the back of the unit bearing...
Pop off unit bearing and the axle should Slide out with it..... Change U joint ...Reinstall...

You will probobly have trouble getting the unit bearing off.. Tap it lightly with a rubber mallet.. back and forth..

If that doesnt work move up to a brass hammer ... If that doesnt work try a 20# sledge... rofl

ITs not that hard.. You can do it in about 3 hours first time and 45 min. everytime after that... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, hub assemblies are about the same way, after the first time, you can do it much faster the second, im down to 10 mins now, 4 in 2 weeks makes you good hahah
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: