Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lesson Learned Temp Switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Lesson Learned Temp Switch Reply with quote

This past summer my temp gauge has been reading 215-225 degrees. I attributed partially to the 13 year old radiator. Which I just replaced this month. I had purchased three temp switches from various auto parts stores but the temp just kept reading in the same temp range. After replacing the rad ( broken filler neck) the temp was still reading 215-225 degrees. I replaced the temp switch with a dealer one.
And my engine temp reads 208 degrees. I know the temp is correct as it has been checked with a scan tool which reads off the ECU temp sender. The cost of the switch $27.00.
Auto parts store price $9.00
1988 Wagoneer Limited XJ Tellico Tested
Rocklizards panels, Tomken rear bumper and front Tow brackets, Rocket air intake, 2 inch lift,
30x950x15, 1991 coolant system with electric fans, 8,000 mile marker winch
1991 Cherokee Limited
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: