Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 AC makes noise Bummer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: 2005 AC makes noise Bummer Reply with quote

The AC unit is making this noise like marbles being rolled around in a tin can. This is a V6 auto trans Grand Cherokee 22000 miles. I know dealer issue but I want to go to them with knoledge because that makes you king.
So when you come to a stop light it happens marbles in a can swishhhhhhhchng. then it stops about the time the light changes about a minute or two minutes or a little less. I turned the fan off the noise was still going on so it only happens with the AC unit button lit up compressor running.
I popped the hood belt is good no unusual noise compressor kicks in fine cold as Juno Alaska air. Where is Click and Clack when you need them.
I also noted that it takes the air a minute to start blowing after the unit is turned on then it starts to blow which made me think a vaccuume hose was off or a door was not opening all the way I caqn still smell a diesel pick up truck even with the dial set to inside air WTF
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have a vaccum problem as far as the smell goes. Does the sound you are referring to come from the engine compartment or from inside the jeep?
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consult the service manual it will do wonders for you rofl rofl rofl

ok im done givin you a hard time russell

with that low of miles is it still under warranty?
jakster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one problem out of the way dumb operator cabin air only if you take the time to look at the control and you stop grinning and looking like a big kid showing off his new Jeep.
Now that grind swisscch sound comes from under the dash I am a gear head so the first thing I did was crawl into the engine compartment no problem noted, kissed the intake and closed the hood. So this is under the dash some damm gremlin making noise. Maybe the dealer will find it I don't know yet what kind of shop they are. Advantage Jeep Chrysler Farmington New Mexico.
viper24242

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert, and I don't know how the clutch mech. works but this is what I think. The fan belt is always moving around the outside of the compressor charger and when the clutch kicks in and the ac starts charging. If that makes no sense so far: open the hood with the car running without the ac running and note that the fan and only a little bit of the ac pully is moving, turn the ac on and the clutch kicks in and the whole pully starts to turn.

Now it seems to me that there should be some bearings to keep the outside pully going when the ac is not on. So possible there could be a bad bearing in there, or a whole bunch of bad bearings.

That is my "GUESS" about what could be wrong because of the marble noise. If this made no sense I apologize because I have only had 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours, and chances are I will be corrected by Fox or swampy shortly.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
jakster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viper get some sleep man, I did all the under the hood hunting and its not the clutch. This is under the dash swisshgring. This even happens right when the motor is just shut off.Thanks Bro
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

under the dash sounds like the heater blower fan could be acting up...

is it still under warranty?
jakster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the lowdown, the dealer says it is the expansion valve that is making that noise Hummmmm! I don't know if they have a clue yet they had it all day and did not align the door and waited until three o'clock to call me and ask what the problems were. One guy said did you have your door shut all the way What the heck no I drive around with the door open so I can jump out if need be. Well I will wait and see since the next dealer is in Albuquerque a long drive from where I am. Expansion Valve?????? Confused He ordered the parts Damm I hate it when they take things apart I hope it don't rattel after this and still make's the noise that would be a huge BUMMER!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: