Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irregular Pick Up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeepKLXJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Irregular Pick Up Reply with quote

i've been really fixing up my car lately.. (changin suspension and such) but there is still one thing that is bothering me...
Since my XJ is a 4.0L it is powerfull.. but sometimes the car's pick up is slower than usual and it ends up with the engine reving louder than usual.. even thought power is still there.. it gets annoying..
I asked my mechanic about it.. and he tested out the car and said nothing was wrong!!
I'm pretty new to the inner workings of a jeep so i don't really know.... but if i were to guess it has something to do with the computer that regulates the engine and tranny..

Anyone out there that can help me with this problem??
Thx
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: pickup Reply with quote

Hello, you don't list the year of your cherokee but it could be multiple things depending on the year.

Transmission adjustments and oil/filter, plugs/wires/cap/rotor, filters, where you buy your gas and mine seems to be affected by humidity.

If it has EFI the injectors may need cleaning, a can of FI cleaner in the tank usually does the trick.

Then there's the possibility that the fan clutch is not disenganging at the proper RPM which will make it sound like a big house fan when revving. The fan should quiet down at higher RPMs so it does not load down the engine.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
JeepKLXJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i didn't mention it...
My Jeep is a 97 XJ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: