Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beefing Up rear Suspension For Towing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drizler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Beefing Up rear Suspension For Towing Reply with quote

I don't do off road but do on occasion haul a big 2 horse trailer with our 2000 Laredo. Funny how the straight 6 outpulls my 350 Silverado but it does and it handles the hauling a lot more comfortably. The one thing lacking is that it puts quite a bit of weight on the rear. Though managable I want to put some sort of overload device in the rear springs. I am not trying to make this truck do something it can't but rather simply level the thing out. I see they make those inflatable cyls that go in the spring and they aren't expensive. Question is this; when looking in there I just dont see how they fit on my WJ. due to those snubbers inside the spring. I notice JC Whitney has a set for $70 which they claim fit but we all know Whitney overstates those sort of things.
So who has air boosted their GC and how and how much? Any links to suggestions most appreciated.
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pull a 5x10 enclosed trailer often and had the same problem. I looked at those inflators that go in the springs and decided it was to much trouble. So I put a pair of monroe overload shocks on. They are special shocks with springs around the shock cylinder.They work great if your not putting over 1200 lbs on the ball.

http://www.monroe.com/products/mp_detail.asp?cat=Sensa-Trac&detail=Load%20Adjusting%20Shock%20Absorbers
NP249 / 5.2 / MB Motoring Rims/ 1500 watts
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: