Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to buy, What to buy....Convince me.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should he buy Ladies and Gentlemen?
Rock Gear Soft Top
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bolt In Roll Cage
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Save it for Superior Dana 35 Kit
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Canyon City Tire Carrier
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Seats/Seatbelts
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: What to buy, What to buy....Convince me. Reply with quote

Since I sold one of my "Ghats" on Gunbroker I have about $500 of disposable ca$h to pour down the black hole that is my Jeep. I have a few different items that I am looking at and I'm looking for opinions on.

Oh, I live in North GA. Not a lot of rocks here, more Mud than anything else. It seems to rain a lot since I bought my Jeep (backstory- GA was in a 10 year drought, I buy my Jeep, and the Lake Lanier (38,000 surface acres of water ) raised 10 inches in three months Finger ).

Here are the choices:

Rock Gear Soft Top. http://www.rockgearinc.com/
I have a Hard Top (Steel Horse Targa Top) and a Bestop Safari Top. I have 1/2 Steel Doors with Fiberglass uppers and Full Soft Doors. A full soft top would be nice to have in the spring/fall when a hardtop is overkill and a Safari Top leads to what we refer to the "Wetass" syndrome.

Bolt in Roll Cage http://www.orfab.com/Sportcage.htm
I feel the need for some more protection and the bolt in kit seems to be pretty cool. And yes, If I had a fab shop or someone who could make me a cage, I'd go that way, but I don't. If I'm gonna cage up I want this one.

Save for a Superior Dana 35 Kit http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/SuperiorDana35AxleKit.htm
Yeah, I'm still runnning the stock 35 axle. This should strenghten it up and add a Detroit to the rear.

Canyon City Spare Tire Rack http://www.4wheelparts.com/product2.asp?imseqn=286&occlass=CANY&cat=JEE
I have taken off my stock spare tire carrier and feel the need for a carrier taht can handle a full size spare and dual jerry cans. This one does taht AND carries a hi-lift! Here is the write up: http://www.off-road.com/jeep/reviews/swbjeep/cc4x4/

New Seats/Seatbelts
Probably get some ricer style seats off of ebay and some 4 point harnesses too. I'd like to keep it under $500 total (shipped).

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
K9Jeep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rack blows, so scratch that off your list immediately. tool

I'd go with the cage, you should be more concerned about safety than appearances.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"d have to say safety first also. If you're looking for relatively cheap options for your seats, try Summit Racing or Rock Buggy Supply
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For seats I was thinking more like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33701&item=2461689145

Yeah, I know that they look like ricer seats, but they're $270 for the pair shipped to my door and they are ready for the 4 point harness.

K9- what have you heard bad about that rack? I've read two really great write ups that claim it's the coolest thing since Bransford. rofl

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

answer F get a ford 8.8 or get the bolt in cage its a good start to a safer jeep and you can fold your windshield down when offroad so if you do roll it you might not get showerd in glass shards

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got lights on my hood, see sig.

I'll look into the 8.8.

Back from the Dead??
OlllllllO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd go for the cage or a D44 or 8.8 rear....i don't think its worth spendin that kinda money on the D35 Mr. Green

94 YJ--3.5" of lift/32x11.50 BFG MT KM's and one bad motor....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: