Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorry Another YJ Engine Sawp Question on Wiring?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaintballYJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Sorry Another YJ Engine Sawp Question on Wiring? Reply with quote

Hi.

I have an 88YJ with a 4.2 and I found a 4.0 engine and transmission out of a 92XJ. I also purchased a gas tank and sending unit from a 92YJ(I hope this will work with the XJ CPU).

I have been researching this for about a year and the wiring is kicking my butt. There are several write ups but not one that exactly matches my year of Jeep

I have the engine, transmission and transfer case all in and hooked up and it all looks good. I put the CPU on the driverís side fender inside by the master cylinder and the fuse box by the battery. I started connecting wires and Iím lost.

Has any done this before that can offer me any information?

Thanks

PaintballYJ

PS has any heard of anyone installing a diesel motor from a Jeep Liberty in a Wrangler yet? Just wondering.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dozer Dan should be able to help you on the wiring. As for the diesel, not a YJ but it's the swap you're asking about. Wink
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8542
PaintballYJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

That Rubicon will confuse so people when it hits the street with that diesel in it.

Is their anyway to contact Dozer Dan or should I just wait for him to reply to my post?

I'm also having some problems with the serpentine belt configuration? I put a new 4.0YJ water pump on it and when I try to install my serpentine belt it doesn't want to match up properly? I have look through my XJ and YJ service manuals that I spent too much money for and they show the belt orientation but I think I still need to move an idler pulley or something.

PaintballYJ
PaintballYJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading my post and looking at all the spelling errors? That must mean I need to consume more beer during this project.
PaintballYJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this wiring diagram on the web and I have spark. I just need to hookup all my sensors now.
http://www.cjoffroad.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6408&SearchTerms=The,big,secret,is,out,-,wiring,OBDI
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: