Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Reply with quote

Since I posted over 2 years ago, a lot of problems, I thought I would post new problems and solved problems

Old problems
1. On my Jeep Grand Cherokee, Orvis Edition 1995, on the sun roof or I think. Recently when i washed my jeep, water leaked around the doors, windshield, and even in the console on the top.

Ok, I think I have just today found the problem with my sunroof. On the back side of the glass, the rubber is not on the glass. It is like it has been pushed off the back. I was having trouble with the sunroof opening, but today, I opened it as far as it would go, sprayed the track with WD-40. Now it will go back on the way and goes easily like it used to. It isn't going up in the back like it used to, But I did spray all I could around the back, hoping it will go on up after it soaks.

2. My back window wiper. I can't get it to come on, but I think there maybe a problem with the switch. The wiper button won't go all the way over. Just barely moves over.

I did pull the dash and change the wiper button, the motor doesn't work still but I plan on attempting to replace it this weekend, Good luck to me.

3. Power mirror. It doesn't seem to work either. How can i tell if it is the motor or maybe a wire somewhere? Any ideas?

I replaced the switch, now my mirrors work, all but in one direction. I can live with that.

4. Of course I have the standard stereo problem I have read so much about on here. No display on it. Will a new Jeep Cherokee stereo work? I have saw several on Ebay (yes I just love that site) but most are newer model systems. I don't want to have to alter anything to get it in there, but would like one that worked RIGHT.

I've still not replaced my radio, but going with an aftermarket. Sometimes you do what you don't wanna do. But at least, I an listen to my mp3 cd's.

5. How do I check codes? I have the rear lamp failure when I first start.

My rear lamp failure was the third taillight. Replaced both bulbs, so I get no failures now.

6. ABS light stays on most of the time. Sometimes at first it is off, then comes on. but always comes on at some time while I am in it driving. What is wrong with the abs.

Still have this problem, Took to dealership today for factory recall. They replaced both FRONT rotors as per recall. I thought it was all 4, but only 2 of them appears to be replaced. Of course, then they put a 54 dollar set of pads on, but I am not sure if all 4 of the brakes was replaced, either way, was a rip off at 100.18. worse if it was just for 2.

New problems
Had to have transmission replaced again. Second one went out pretty fast, but was used. So is this one, but will hopefully last a little longer.

Rear back tailgate only opens part time. I have found it will open easy when cool outside. When it gets hot, it doesn't want to open. Went out this evening, tried to clean it up some, put wd-40 on it too. Will have to wait for heat to see if it will open or not.

The ants are gone, and in the process of a good clean up, inside and out. You know, I have decided one thing, no matter how bad a jeep is, all the little things you do to keep them in shape, they are only as good as the last owner took care of them. The one I have, wasn't taken very good care of. Now, I pay for it, with lots of little things. Eventually, a good paint job, at least on the clear coat spots. Is there a way to help that somewhat? Until I can afford to get it done that is. Will have to check with my neighbor and my boyfriend. Neighbor paints for a living, honey paints only when he has too. He is cheaper, but hey, hate to ask him to something he doesn't like, since he has to help me keep it together lol.

Any suggestions, hopes, or even well wishes appriciated. It is through this forum I have made it as far as I have, but learning lots. I have learned if I own a jeep, I have to not worry about my hands getting dirty or my nails being long.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Another problem solved Reply with quote

Sunroof is no longer leaking, and working great. Amazing what cleaning out the track and using wd-40 in it. Finally got the vent to pop up by pushing against it while holding the button on for it. After getting it up, I was able to work on the rubber that wasn't on it good. Granted it is not fixed completely yet. But at least I am on the right track.

Now, what is the best way to take care of the rubber on all the windows and the door gaskets. They all look in great shape but would like to keep them in great shape. I also know, without treatment, they will dryrot. I have bought leather treatment and armorall cream, for the dash and consoles. Then I also need to know about clear coat. Mine is not in good shape at all..... Of course, touch up. Ok so I don't have millions of dollars to drop into my Jeep, man I wish I did. So I do it a little as I can... Help please?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same car and I was wondering...

when I was driving it today, my wheels were making like a grinding noise when it was stopped.

Then, I felt the thump and tons of oily fluid leaked all over my front driver side tire.

Can you tell me what this could be?

I'm a single mom and not much income.

I need to be able to fix it myself.

If you know what this is, please let me know!

Thank You,

Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you blew a brake caliper. Does the brake pedal go right down to the floor or does it still have pressure?
Underground Jeeps
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: