Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

89 XJ Overhead lighting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RabidRabit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: 89 XJ Overhead lighting Reply with quote

I've got an 89XJ and want to wire some lights on the front of my cage on the roof and a couple floods on the rear of the cage. What is the best way to wire this so that I don't have wiring hanging around to snag on something?
I also want to add a second battery. There ain't much room under the hood so I need to find somewhere to put it. Where are people mounting the second battery in the XJ?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to run the wiring so it won't snag is to drill holes in the body and seal them up with grommets and silicone.

As for the 2nd battery, there's a couple of options: You can do a CAI (or better yet a snorkel) and purchase a battery tray for overseas models. That tray is meant to fit on the (U.S.) drivers side and is the cleanest way to do it. The other way would be to buy a sealed box from Jegs or Summit and mount it in the back someplace.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RabidRabit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: running it through the body Reply with quote

I guess I'll have to take the pad off the ceiling and find the best way to run it through then.
Do you know where I can check out the overseas battery tray?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: