Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rhino line or line x my tub?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
langston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: rhino line or line x my tub? Reply with quote

im pulling out my interior carpet, and id like to put in a bed liner. ive looked at both rhino and line x. i was wondering what peoples opinions are that have done that or any other ideas for what i can do
thanks
JeepGirl77

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: rhino line or line x my tub? Reply with quote

langston wrote:
im pulling out my interior carpet, and id like to put in a bed liner. ive looked at both rhino and line x. i was wondering what peoples opinions are that have done that or any other ideas for what i can do
thanks

LINE-X and Rhino differ quite a bit. The biggest difference is that LINE-X contains polyurea and Rhino does not. Polyurea enhances the bedliner’s properties: 1. LINE-X's temperature tolerance is 250 degrees and Rhino's is 175. As the temperature of the bed approaches the temp tolerance, it loses its strength. 2. Polyurea keeps moisture out of the solution thus making a more dense and solid liner. Less moisture also means better adhesion. 3. Polyurea also makes for a tougher liner. The tear strength of LINE-X is 304 pounds per linear inch (pli). Rhino is 145 pli. 4. Polyurea sets up very fast, that's one reason why LINE-X goes on with heat and high pressure. LINE-X dries in about 4 seconds, so you get an even application throughout the bed. Rhino takes a minute or so to even gel, an hour or so to dry. Before it gels, gravity can pull the liner from the top ridges in to the low valleys. Rhino’s Tuff Stuff goes on cold/low pressure and thus has that “cottage cheese” or “rain on the windshield” look. LINE-X’s high heat/high pressure system gives it a more consistently applied texture, it’s sort of like an orange peel. The dealer can vary the texture from smooth to very rough. 5. Polyurea makes the liner more chemical resistant, especially to organic oils and solvents.

LINE-X offers a NATIONWIDE lifetime warranty. Rhino’s warranty is only with the dealer that sprayed it.

Buy whatever brand suits your needs. It's good to have choices.

~Jessie
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Body & Paint All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: