Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stuff wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zj95maxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: stuff wrong Reply with quote

Well after driving on the highway and around town, my 95 grand smells...its coming from the rear, mianly the back left..i think its actually, ONLY coming from there...think i should pop off the tire and look? they are new roters and pads..but maybe they were put on wrong( had to get the shop put on the rears because the olds ones were rusted on) smells kinda like burning rubber almost..i took off my diff cover and looked and nothins wrong in there...i dunno...

also, i am going to upgrade my cv axle shafts in the front(my right one is shot, got mud and dirt in the grease from where the boot came off the clip) is this hard? im thinking if the shafts are the same size, coming from an xj, it should o right in..im upgradind both sides to U-joints...

and when i go VERY slow and turn, i hear popping and creaking from the rear...its nothing like super noticable, but if i listen i can hear it..

anyway scince this is my first post, ill say somethign about me and my jep
my name is maxx i am 17
95 zj
v8
249-231SYE swap
new rear driveshaft
3.5 inch superflex is going to be replacing my 2 inch bb next week..gunna run 31 or 32 inch BFG MT's..havnt decided which one
tow hooks in front and rear
running 30 inch mudders right now
zacatal roof rack with hilift and shovel and tire, and 4 hellas

thats all i can rememeber for now..
Zj95maxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..the axle shafts i was gunna get hooked up with do not have the abs feature to hook to my abs..so i fi got these ones, i would have no abs up front...im kinda sketched about that...could someone givemme a link of axle shafts with ujoints that will work with my zj..new ones please..thanks!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're smelling something that's burning and you had the brakes done that recently, then yes, I'd take it right back before you drive it too much further and they try to deny responsibility.

Jeep Iceland did a write-up on changing CV joints - http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/zj_brake_1.html
If you're interested in swapping to XJ shafts, check out this thread for which ones to look for. http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9167&highlight=swap
Zj95maxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, on there it says there are two different sizes if shafts, what are the two sizes and what size am i loooking for if i have a 95 grand...also,think not having ABS will be a big deal in the front..or should i order shafts with the ring...
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zj95maxx wrote:
thanks, on there it says there are two different sizes if shafts, what are the two sizes and what size am i loooking for if i have a 95 grand...also,think not having ABS will be a big deal in the front..or should i order shafts with the ring...

There are two different u-joint sizes. You want the ones with the bigger joints, the 297s or 760s (same dimensions) versus the 260s (the smaller of the 3).

The easiest to order will be those from a TJ as they all were non-disconnect and utilize the bigger joint. Pick a year between 97-06. It doesn't matter just don't order ones for a D44 from a Rubicon...wrong spline count. The XJs use the shafts you need also but there was a multitude of parts between the small joints and the vacuum disconnect.
Zj95maxx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could anyone give me an exact link to a axle complete setup for the front that will work with my dana 30 on my grand...with abs..
RyanLodge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about ur grand , but could it be the e brake shoes inside the rotors?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: