Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

97 cherokee sport heat/cooling system problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcvedder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: 97 cherokee sport heat/cooling system problems Reply with quote

I just replaced my radiator & thermostat due to an overheating problem this summer. Now that its cooled off outside, I'm having other problems. First off my Check Engine light has come on & is flashing codes of 33 & 45. 33 i hear is the A/C clutch relay problems, but the clutch seems to kick on as it always has --intermittently while the HVAC controls are engaged. & 45 i hear is its running too rich. which before i replaced the rad, i had (i think) the rear O2 sensor replaced because the CE light came on. The jeep starts fine, & runs ok--so its not causing noticeable problems with performance yet, but the light is on all the time now & I'm lost as to what to replace next/fix. The other problem that i think is related to the previous ones is my heat issue. I got cold A/C no problems after the rad was replaced & its stopped overheating. But now my heat is luke warm. I have not noticed any heater core leaks yet either. The other thing is that it will only blow out of the defrost or face level positions, when its placed at the foot level or blend(defrost/foot) it will either not switch over to that setting or if it does it will make a high pitched hissing noise. All this said, I'm just lost as to where to start looking to fix these issues. Any help is appreciated!
kaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that a vacuum line was dislodged or damaged when you were installing the radiator? If your XJ is similar to my '93 model, vacuum is used to operate the various doors and valves. I even think there is a vacuum operated hot water valve. Also, if a vaccum line is leaking, this may affect your manifold pressure, and thereby your fuel mixture.

Regards,
--
Kári in Iceland
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaos wrote:
Is it possible that a vacuum line was dislodged or damaged when you were installing the radiator? If your XJ is similar to my '93 model, vacuum is used to operate the various doors and valves. I even think there is a vacuum operated hot water valve. Also, if a vaccum line is leaking, this may affect your manifold pressure, and thereby your fuel mixture.

Regards,
--
Kári in Iceland

That's most likely your problem...my heater is having the same problem and I think it's because I replaced the radiator (it ruptured) and the thermostat a couple weeks later. The water temp gets up to the normal 210 but the heater isn't nearly as hot as it should be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: