Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passenger Door Module

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Mailler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Passenger Door Module Reply with quote

2001 4DR Classic.

Passenger Door Window operation is inoperative at the door's window switch. Intermittent from the driver's window module.

Have done the tests prescribed in the service manual. Problem would appear to be the Passenger Door Module (PDM).

It's an expensive item to replace, and once you've ordered it, you own it.

Any suggestions on testingg the module? Other tests?
Tardis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a common problem. My 99 Sport did that once in a while. The drivers door switch rolls the windows down, but the individual door switches won't. I traced the problem to a faulty 'window lock' switch on the drivers door window controls. The door switches worked after I wiggled the lock switch, and pushed it on and off. I cleaned the contacts, no more issues.
Check and clean the contacts in all of the window switches. Some cleaners will destroy plastic parts. Use contact cleaner that doesn't hurt plastic like Caig DetoxIt, Puretronics Precision Cleaner. I used Peavey Funk-Out. It's for music gear, but it's the same as the other products, and safe on plastics.

DetoxIt cleaner
http://www.caig.com/
Puretronics cleaners
http://www.puretronics.com/products.htm
Peavey Funk-Out
http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/cat/179/item/72029/number/00456600/FunkOut(TM).cfm
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had this problem, and like Tardis, I found it to be the "safety" switch which you push in to keep the other people in the vehicle from opening their windows. I spent the money and bought the whole new switch panel which solved the problem but hurt my wallet. Don't do this. Follow Tardis's advice and just clean the thing. Or, simply bypass the stupid switch by wiring it to always be on, thereby keeping the manufacturer from getting the satisfaction of charging you up the kazoo for an entire switch panel which cost them peanuts to make and for which they should have had the decency to make with individual switches that could be replaced separately. Yes, I'm bitter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: