Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel Catalyst+efficiency for mopar V-8s

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Fuel Catalyst+efficiency for mopar V-8s Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of or used a Fitch Fuel Catalyst? I just read about it in Four Wheeler magazine and on the websites:

It doesn't apparently give any performance gains but it can noticeably increase fuel efficiency (between 5 to 45%- verified by an independent lab). The cost is around $250 for a 5.2 or 5.9 liter Mopar V-8. In addition to the increase in fuel economy it also allows vehicles that require premium fuel to run on 87 octane with no pinging, predetonation, or ill effects (not including any improvement in fuel economy, just using 87 octane would save me around $6 per fill up- filling up once a week would mean $6x52=$312 saved a year). However, I wasn't able to find out any information if running on lower octane gas changes the horsepower output. My daily driver is a '98 5.9 ZJ with some performance mods including the Mopar performance computer that requires 92 octane. I've been looking for a way to lower my fuel costs and this fuel catalyst may be the ticket. If you add up the increase in fuel efficiency and the ability to use regular unleaded gas, I believe that the catalyst will pay for itself within months. I'm really interested to hear feedback about this topic and I'd like to hear some testimonials from people who have used this device before. I hope it's not too good to be true, but if I do get positive feedback, I'm going to get it and try it out.
1998 ZJ 5.9 Limited W/242 swap
JKS disconnects & Garmin GPS
Heavy duty OME Suspension kit
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry man i have no clue about the product you are looking at.. i do know a throttle body spacer for like 80$ max will give you a lil better fuel econnomy as well as a few horseys. Msd wires and better spark plugs and a msd multispark ignition and some performance oil- i like royal puprle will all save a lil bit in fuel economy as well as a horsey gain cuz it just breathes and runs better but im sure you already got most of all this done.. im actuall curious as to what performance mods you have done and specific names and of what and where you got em cus i have a 93 5.2L which is the same block as you engine u just got a bigger head and i would like to do all performance gains possible... so maybe i should start a thread? dunno just wanna hear your thoguhts
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: