Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A virtual cornicopia of GC problems..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cali_jeep_girl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: A virtual cornicopia of GC problems.. Reply with quote

So I have a '94 GC I bought it for $500 in California, runs good or at least well. I've had it for a little over a year. I recently shipped it to Georgia because of my job. Originally the horn wouldn't work and neither would the cruise control. The onboard computer also said the rear lamps failed but I checked and they're fine. The AC also doesn't work, I think something might be disconnected because the only air comes out of the lower vents and the defroster vents but not the dash board ones. Now my problem is the radio has died, now I know electricity is going to it because it turns on and changes stations, but absolutely no sound comes out of it, I changed the speakers and they are all good. So I went through the fuses and found one that was blown, I tried to put another in the same slot and that blew too. I'm assuming there is too much juice or whatever going to that fuse. What could cause this? I tried to check the wiring but it's a mess, and I'm not one that's really mechanically inclined. Could it possibly be just the battery? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
GeorgeWtheDog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont' really know that much about car audio, but maybe a problem with the amp? I've seen them on ebay for really cheep--usually like 30-40.
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The radio went out in my 94 gc a while back. I took it to the dealer and for 200 dollars, they gave me a replacement. Couple years later, that radio died as well. So I replaced my whole sound system. But you need to repair that blown fuse problem. Thats probably the problem why your radio isn't putting out any sound. That blown fuse could be the one that puts power to the amplifier if you have the infinity Gold Sound Sysytem. GL
NP249 / 5.2 / MB Motoring Rims/ 1500 watts
cali_jeep_girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I checked the fuses and the one that was blown was for the security lamps, but there is definately an overload somewhere. I'll just have to keep looking.
cali_jeep_girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I checked the fuses and the one that was blown was for the security lamps, but there is definately an overload somewhere. I'll just have to keep looking.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a small vacum line that runs into the fire wall on the passenger side .. It is the hard plastic type.. It is most likely the root of your AC problems.. That line controls the Blend Door.. It will only blow on defrost if that is discoed...

I believe the same line T's off and controls the Cruise control but I could be wrong..

Either way the cruise is vacum operated and that is most likely where you problem is with that as well..

As far as radio.. Just go to Circuit city and pick one you like and pay them 35 or so bucks extra to install it..Mr. Green

Good luck..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: